View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Adults dupe teen into MySpace-assisted suicide

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know everyone's gonna reply back to this by saying well as adults you have to know between right and wrong and stupidity and non stupidity, but most adults don't know jack [censored] and are really stupid when it comes to common sense issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I can think of at least one good example. Assuming you're an adult, that is. Your whole argument is "adults are dumb, so they aren't responsible for the repercussions of their actions". Does taht really seem right to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gah, I should have put this in the beginning of my post. I don't think that these parents in this specific case shouldn't be held liable because of their stupidity. (I thought I did post this in my original post that is) I'm just saying that everyone is using the argument, well, they're adults, so they should know what they're doing, and thus should be severely punished. Whereas, if a 14 year old alone did this, its just a part of banter that goes on in school and it should be ignored because 14 years olds don't know better."

I'm just saying that there's a fallacy in this argument cause all adults aren't smart and thus if you're using that argument, everyone should be able to use the well I'm as smart as a 14 year old defense and get out of it.

So yeah, I'm not saying they're justified in their actions whatsoever, I'm just re-iterating how it probably went down IRL fwiw.

Edit:

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I can think of at least one good example. Assuming you're an adult, that is. Your whole argument is "adults are dumb, so they aren't responsible for the repercussions of their actions". Does taht really seem right to you?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying that they shouldn't be held responsible for their actions, I'm just saying that most people get so caught up in what they're doing (in this case revenge) that they forget about everything else, including right and wrong and the possible outcomes of their actions. I'm sure this has happened to everyone at one stage of their life or another. Again, I'm not justifying it.