View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Pushing Equity Edges In PLO8

[ QUOTE ]
In this hand you have a 54:46 edge if my calculations are correct. IMO, this is a terrible play by your nemesis. In fact, I wouldn't call him your nemesis at all. If he's going to make erratic plays like that just because he's got the bankroll, then you might just end up calling him your ATM.
As far as playing the hand, I would check call the flop and then get it all in on the turn if you hit an 8, 7, or 6 because you're pretty much free rolling him at that point. If a 5 hits, he's pretty much praying for one of the other two Jacks and dueces.

AC

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, yeah but he always seems to sneak out of the times when I have him 55-60% on the flop...It's uncanny...But anywho, that's not the issue here...Obviously those cards I jam the turn with, BUT what happens when the 4 comes out on the turn like it did? Can you really shut it down here with this hand? Isn't this the type of hand we want to see all 5 cards with?? I guess calling is a way to mix up your play, which is fine...But I don't know if I get another dime outta the villan if a 3/5 comes on the turn...Only way I get him is if an 8/7 comes giving me lock low and I jam it and I hit my straight on the river...