View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Ruling - How many chips in play?

[ QUOTE ]
$1/3 NL game. Player's A, B, and C to the flop. Player B's stack is 100, player C's stack is 150. Player A checks, player B goes all, player C goes all in over the top.

Meanwhile, player A has been racking his chips to move to another game and has mixed his chips in with more chips that aren't in play (about $500 total), but decides he wants to call. No one is sure how many chips player A had on the table when the hand started, but it was "probably around $100" according to player A.

How much does it cost player A to call?

Floor ruled on this hand, but I want to hear other's opinions before I say what they ruled.

Player A gets a KITN, obv.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once a table is under control often the most difficult part of a floor decision is fact finding. If "nobody is sure" how many chips Player A had (BTW, I interpret this to mean the other players didn't initially state a strong opinion; they could still have a rough idea and be willing to elaborate later) and Player A says "probably around $100" the floor should look at the players most affected by this; i.e., Player's B and C. If they accept this then let Player A play for $100.

Problem comes when they don't accept Player A's statement and there is wild disagreement between Player B and C. Amounts up to $100 impact both B and C, amounts between $100 and $150 impact just Player C. In this case credibility, believability and so on matter. So essentially you need a floor with the judgement of Solomon.

~ Rick