View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 08:27 AM

Default Live 6/12 AKs: This DVD includes a bonus alternate ending!

As the subject indicates, I'm primarily wondering what everyone would do in each of the following river situations (though comments on all streets are welcome, because I can't tell whether I handled this brilliantly or misplayed every street).

Live 6/12 in AC. The table is typically passive but tighter in general than usual (3-5 handed to the flop; a raise PF usually gets it down to heads-up, sometimes 3-handed).

Villain in the hand (SB) is fairly LAG but otherwise decent. I say "fairly" because while he loves putting in the 1st or 2nd bet with almost anything, he's not usually as eager to put in the 3rd or 4th; and he sometimes misses value bets/raises with decent-but-not-great hands on later streets.

My image is probably not the greatest (the last two hands I've raised PF and showed down were 66 and a mid suited connector).

On to the hand ...

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

1 fold, Hero raises, 6 folds, SB 3-bets, BB folds, Hero calls.

Note: Before you shout, "Cap this, you idiot!", I'm doing that 95% of the time here, but in this case my strategy was to let the SB bet (which he'll always do) and raise any flop containing exactly 3 cards. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Flop (~6 SB after rake): 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, Hero caps, SB calls.

Because capping with overcards is fun!

Turn (7 BB): (10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero checks.

River (7 BB): (10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Scenario (A): SB bets, Hero ...

Scenario (B): SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero ...

Mook