Thread: Motorcycles
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Motorcycles

Motorcycles are great. I love riding.

When I turned 18 I bought a motorcycle. My mom was really afraid of them but my dad wasn't. He actually found one the one of his co-workers had for sale and took me out to get it. I rode that thing everywhere. Unless there was snow on the ground I was on the bike.

Got married and had a kid and then it got tougher to find time to ride. Ended up selling it and didn't have one for a long long time.

A couple of years ago I bought one from a buddy that was just beautiful. Kawasaki Vulcan 800. Drove it home from Billings (bout two hours) and as soon as I got home my wife wanted me to teach her how to ride it. I wasn't sure it was a good idea but relented because there is no telling her no when she has her mind made up. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway, I took her over to a parking lot right by our house and told her just to go slow, no turnns just stay in 1st gear. She started out fine but then tried to make a turn. She got mixed up between the clutch and giving it gas and ended up going right into the side of a building!

Hurt her pretty bad. Busted her front tooth in half and sliced her bottom lip all the open when she hit the windshield. We ended up making the trip to the emergency room and she had to get stiched up and later that week to the dentist to ge tthe tooth repaired. Motorcycle was bent up pretty good and I never ended up riding it again. Ended up selling it back to the same guy I bought it from taking a hit on the value and minus the repair cost. Damn..

Still want to have one some day but haven't had the chance. Got a little 110 dirt bike for the boy and he loves it. Rides all aroung the land we have and over to the neoighbors house and all of that. Still scares me a bit but so does all kind of stuff with the kids.

Key is being careful. Cars LOVE to cut a motorcycle off. I couldn't believe how many time I had people pull out in front of me. Way more than in a car or truck.