Thread: Why not WSEX?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 08:30 AM

Default Re: Why not WSEX?

[ QUOTE ]
As a player it turns my stomach to think that the rake I pay Stars somehow finds its way to the pockets of some of these dancing buffoons who do everything and anything to get their face time on ESPN. I really don't want to be the mule whose labor supports the cult of personality in which Stars invests.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I too have no idea why WPX hasn't been a roaring success or why there haven't been downward cost pressures on other sites. WPX is/was the perfect, stripped down vehicle in which a competent poker player could do quite well without the supporting the massive carnival that now mushrooming at the bigger sites.

[/ QUOTE ]
Look, you may not like paying rake and you may think some of the sites paid players are buffoons but we need them. We need the sites to advertise to attract the casual players. We need that dead money to keep rolling in. We needed Moneymaker and his elk that followed. Just having minimal rake with no advertising is bad news. All you will end up with is a tank full of really good players and no little fish to feed off.