View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 02:25 PM

Default NLTRN: Premium pair vs. aggressive villain. Overcards on flop.

This happens relatively often to me. Scenario:

Villain isnt per se bad, may be a winning player but can be easily exploited because of his overaggressiveness. He 3bets way too light, calls a lot of raises OOP and generally relies on taking the pot away from you at some point. He calls a lot of cbets and bets at the pot as soon as you show weakness. Bluffs a little too often and just doesnt give up until given clear signs that hes beat (or I wont give up).

All in all, an _at best_ mediocre LAG. As I said, may be a winning player at low stakes cause people cant handle him.

Now this hand takes place:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Hero (t1540)
BB (t1460)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t60</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t240</font>, Hero calls t180.

<font color="blue"> yay, Queens. We raise and he 3bets. 4betting is out of question. I have position and there is a decent chance I can end the match in this hand. </font>

Flop: (t480) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t280</font>, Hero calls t280.

<font color="blue"> [censored], overcard. Okay, hes gonna cbet this flop 100% of the time and I still have position. My equity is way above 50% vs. his range and Im getting odds. Raising will only fold out worse hands. I call. </font>

Turn: (t1040) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

<font color="blue"> Okay good, looks like hes giving up. Im not gonna bet though. A CRAI is just way too likely. </font>

River: (t1040) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t940 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

<font color="blue"> [lots of bad words, calling names and screaming at my monitor] I cant call. I fold. </font>

Final Pot: t1980

<font color="red"> Anndd I feel like such a [censored] FISSHH when this [censored] happens! </font>

How can we change that?