View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 10:35 AM

Default Re: How would you handle this typical situation?

v nice post heisen

[ QUOTE ]
Cutoff limps first in. Cutoff is 45/12. Postflop he plays in a fairly straightforward manner and is neither good nor awful. Like most normal 6-max players he takes some shots at unattended pots.

The Button folds and Hero completes the 1/2 small blind with ??.

BB checks. BB is a typical 26/17 regular who knows you reasonably well. He tries to play well and quite often manages to do so but he's not a superstar.

Flop (3 players, 3SB): A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

It's your turn. What is your plan with:

a) A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
c/r
the same kind of hands that call our bet will bet if checked to, but not many of those hands would raise our lead. also people like to bluff these flops

[ QUOTE ]
b) A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
c/r, see a

[ QUOTE ]
c) T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
can't decide between bet and c/r. this is a close one.
I'm going to go with bet because I'm not really THAT happy with my hand and a c/r is going to freeze up a bunch of weak ace type hands.

[ QUOTE ]
d) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
c/f

[ QUOTE ]
e) J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
bet. kinda depends on table image and stuff

[ QUOTE ]
f) J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
c/f, I'd like to at least have some better outs when I take a stab at the pot here (see e)