View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 01:17 PM

Default J8s 6-max playalong

My last and heretofore only playalong sucked yaks. I don't care; this one will be good.

Let's introduce the cast of characters:
SB is a bad TAG.
BB is awesome: he plays damn near A2C preflop, and the only times he's not calling down with any piece is when he thinks his opponents are weak, in which case he bets/raises with any piece.
UTG is your garden-variety moron.
MP is not quite as awesome as BB, but close; he's not so aggressive with any piece, but he'll call down with any draw, including unimproved pocket pairs.
CO is a solid TAG and the bane of my existence at this table. I wanted his seat, and the awesome position he had on the three stooges in front of him, but he got there first. He iso-raises plenty — in fact, in a later hand he iso-raised KTo, I folded KT[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], the board came 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and he made an awesome value 3-bet vs. UTG on the river with a straight despite the obvious flush draw to win, and I cursed the fact that I didn't get in and make a straight flush. His only weakness is that he's weak-tight postflop with UI overs; he usually check/folds. This has enabled me to get some money off him when he tries stealing my blinds.

UltimateBet 2/4 (6-max, 6-handed)

Preflop: <font color="green">marchron</font> is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, <font color="green">marchron</font> . . .

I have the button; I have a PFR who's known to raise light; I have a solid multi-way hand that's not likely to be utterly dominated; I can reasonably expect to have at least a five-way pot for two bets. Question One: do you make the dreaded coldcall?