View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 11:48 PM

Default 3/6 Stud High- Dead KK Against an Ace

No reads on villain.

What is my plan here- not just for this street, but for the rest of the hand? I kind of feel like if I check here I'm going to induce him to bet into me the rest of the way, and even if he doesn't have aces he isn't really in bad shape if he has anything at all. OTOH, if I bet and he calls, I don't really know that I've accomplished very much since he's never far behind if he has anything worth calling with on 3rd.

Anyway, I hate playing a dead hand so I'd love to get some thoughts on what you'd be thinking at this point.

As an aside- is 3rd OK? And how should I handle a raise from the ace? My raise looks an awful lot like a steal with the dead kings and my late position.

7 Card Stud High ($3/$6), Ante $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.67 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises

4th Street - (3.00 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ????