View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 11:33 AM

Default Re: No Country For Old Men

Great movie, great discussion. Not sure if we should still be whiting out spoilers this deep into a thread, but I will anyway just in case.
<font color="white">
I picked up on most of what has been talked about so far. I thought the boldest choice in the entire movie was not showing the "protagonist" finally meet his end in the hotel at the hand of the Mexicans. That took real balls by the Cohen brothers and I think it'll be the downfall of this movie with the general public. In my theater it seemed that I was the only person who liked the movie, with a couple people even shouting "I want my money back" to the screen during the credits.

The scene in the hotel room with Tommy Lee Jones confused me because I also don't know where Anton was. But unlike most of you in the thread, I thought the window latch was "locked" and that focusing on it was to heighten the suspense that he couldn't have slipped out the back and must still be in the room.

The one other thing that I haven't seen discussed yet is that there wasn't much money in the satchel that everyone is killing each other over. In the scene where he finds the transponder by flipping through the stacks of money, everything below the first layer is a $1 bill instead of $100. The tragedy of all that death over a much smaller amount of money may have been too obvious to generate much discussion, but I thought I'd throw it out there since it seemed my wife missed it.
</font>