View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 09:24 AM

Default Re: EDF Wedding Planner Guide

[ QUOTE ]
at my wedding, we held down the cost by working an arrangement with the restaurant where we supplied our own wine and beer and they provided the glasses (essentially, we paid a flat corkage fee). since no one at a wedding is really going to notice what brands they're drinking (as long as it's not swill), we could buy cheaper decent wines by the case and our own beer in kegs to save. an added benefit was that, since there was no hard alcohol served, no one got totally wasted, but most had a nice buzz on.

[/ QUOTE ]
See, at my wedding we had different choices. The venue was pretty restrictive, so they let us choose whether we paid by the glass or by the guest, and whether we had beerwine, beerwine&liquor, or good beerwine&liquor.

For the paying, we went with per guest. Even disregarding the economics calculation, knowing what we were going to pay BEFORE we paid it (instead of being surprised afterwards) + not having to trust the bartender not to swipe any booze = lower stress.

For the booze, we went with liquor but not the top shelf liquor. We wanted guests to be able to order what they wanted, but nobody's pompous enough to get snippy about brand at a wedding.

[ QUOTE ]
I was married on a Sunday and it was great. People coming from out of town would've taken Friday off for the rehearsal dinner anyway, so no big deal to take Monday off instead.

[/ QUOTE ]I got married on Labor Day weekend, so we had easy travel automatically. My parents were married on Independence Day weekend, which is just as convenient, but a little ironic. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

edit: Congrats.