View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Chip Ferguson’s Turbo SNG Article

Wow, hand 63 seriously just gave me some much needed education.

As for hands 61 and 74, his explanations definitely made sense, but I still have problems with them. Hand 61: sure the pot odds were there, but I see more value in keeping the 800 chips for fold equity later on rather than calling an open EP push when it's still 6 handed and we're more likely than not behind. I think we're seeing a decent pocket pair here that has us pretty f'd in the b enough to warrant a fold.

Hand 74 was very sketchy. He understands it's a very marginal situation, so why gamble with such a nice chip lead over the two? We know that any competent BB would be calling super tight IF the SB folds, but we also know that SB needs to be calling here with almost ATC as 40% of his stack is already in the pot. I know because of desire to get ITM, there is the occasional, horrible fold by the SB here which gets us what we want, but gambling here with our chip advantage is silly.

If we fold, however, we retain our 5000 chips, and one of three very favorable things happen: [1] SB rightfully pushes and doubles up and their respective stacks are 1200/1700 (2/3 BBs to our 8) and we keep a huge chip advantage over both of them; [2] SB pushes and BB bubbles him out (most favorable); [3] the least likely, but SB folds and is left with 380 chips and is all in within 3 hands

I feel like those 3 situations are much more desirable than pushing with such a horrible hand and possible giving the SB a chance to triple up.

Besides those two hands, I really loved the rest of the hand history. Loved how he left every hand in and explained so much. Great hand history review, wish I could read more like it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]