View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: DeathDonkey is in \"The Well\"

[ QUOTE ]
As they ask the NFL/MLB rookies, "What was your 'welcome to the big leagues' moment?" as in, when was the moment that you said, "Ah, I get it, I can do this?" Such that, and influential post, a hand you played or something you read, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

So many...I was playing 2/4 and 3/6 full ring on Party and there was no 6 max between 1/2 and 5/10, so the first times I took shots at 5/10 6 max and didn't get killed were pretty awesome. I felt on top of the world. During that same stretch I found an 8/16 on UB that was absolutely incredibly juicy and sat with a short roll and ran pretty hot and felt great and then 5/10 didn't seem so scary.

The first time I played 15/30 live (while playing micros online) and realizing my 1/2 full ring game online was tougher. Playing in an old 50c/1 2+2 game with people that were high stakes 2+2er legends to me at the time and having (I think Clarkmeister but it was sooo long ago) tell me I played a few hands expertly. Realized then how interesting poker is when you play against other thinking players and realized many of my opponents do think about poker in some fashion and life is easier if/when I understand how and what to do about it.

Josh / Sthief once made a trip report post about playing 7.5/15 in AC all night and being a degenerate and missing his GFs something or other, and how he was quitting poker and he felt awful. I always used that as motivation to be safe with bankroll management and control my play and never really felt too degenerate in all my pokering.

-DeathDonkey