View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 06:04 AM

Default Re: Donking into the raiser, *theory*

[ QUOTE ]
So most of your checks without initiative are check-folds ?

[/ QUOTE ]

ive been staying at the venetian w/o internet, so this is my first chance to respond to this thread. if this is needless bumpage, my apologies, and im leaving vegas tomorrow (so woohoo, more internet for me) but:

yes, esp. in multiway pots, if i check, im typically check folding. sometimes calling or raising, though, cant be too predictable there!

[ QUOTE ]
I would also love to know why -

"being out of position"

and "calling a preflop raise"

are leaks...

[/ QUOTE ]
Im sure you'd love to know why they are leaks. And in moderation they are not.

[ QUOTE ]

This would mean that re-raising or calling AA out of position is a leak. Calling preflop with certain hands has a tonne more value than re-raising them more often than not. Sometimes there are many other factors that can increase the value in calling hands as opposed to raising them.

[/ QUOTE ]
good example, true!!!!

[qoute]Each of the examples you have a hand that really cannot stand a raise... and often the best way for villians to combat donk bets is to raise, often with nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]
well, actually, i think you'll see that even though villains should raise in some spots, they would more often just call.

[ QUOTE ]

Can someone give an estimation of %s that you would it with midpair vs. set vs. air?

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, no.