Old 07-21-2007, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Donking into the raiser, *theory*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wpr101,

Every flop? All we have to do is hope they fold no pair which they have most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, ok. Maybe you could explain why or shut up. Isn't that the point of this thread? Seriously, the atitude of this forum is so tiring to deal with.

I think its plainly obvious that the following is true:
1) Some opponents open a lot of hands in the button/cuttoff
2) Most of the time those hands flop no pair
3) Most players can't call down with no pair
4) Leading into their pot doesn't need to work a high % of the time to be a +EV play, just like all bluffs we are laying ourselves odds b/c there is money already in the pot.

I'm not saying lead every flop but I think its clear that with the right image against most players leading is often higher EV then check/folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked what type of flop is a good one to donk bluff on and you said every flop you moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I'm sorry, I thought you understood what I was saying.

Donking in should be based on your image, how likely you believe your opponent is to muck a weak/no pair hand, and how many outs your hand will have against your opponents calling range. Sometimes board texture can effect this.

However, a T87 w/flush draw board isn't as good to lead as a A93 rainbow flop because on the prior board your opponents range will want to continue more often. This is similiar to when you raise preflop and they call, which flops are bad to c-bet.

However, to me board texture is the least important consideration and then only as a function of how many outs my hand will have versus their calling range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay thanks. Sorry about the confusion. Just a few more comments/questions:

[ QUOTE ]
Donking in should be based on your image

[/ QUOTE ]

Based off this it sounds like we should be doing it against the more thinking players. Most bad players are not going to have PokerTracker and thus may be unaware of what our image is.

[ QUOTE ]
However, a T87 w/flush draw board isn't as good to lead as a A93 rainbow flop because on the prior board your opponents range will want to continue more often.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems like the T87 suited board would be more appropriate for a double or triple barrel bluff (initiated via donking). Because imagine if you are in villian shoes and holding QQ, it's going to be hard to call down three streets with that hand especially when a 6/J/suit comes.

I agree the A93r board is a good one to do it on but only as a single street bluff. Just because when he just calls the flop his hand gets narrowed down to a lot of one pair ace hands... it would be overly optimistic to think that we could fold out big aces a large portion of the time.