View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 12:55 AM

Default Re: Convincing a neocon

I'm merely trying to convince a neocon-leaning registered Republican to like Ron Paul.

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you think Paul would nuke Iran if he had the green light?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was careful with my words for a reason. I said "as soon as he felt he had the right." Meaning, if they did something to us (but also implying that he is TOUGH, which is what the neocon wants to hear).

Do you disagree that he would fire back?

[ QUOTE ]
More importantly, why are you screaming nuke Iran in caps?

[/ QUOTE ]

To try to appease a neocon.

[ QUOTE ]
What have they done to you or your country that you want to preemptively murder tens of thousands of people you never met?

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread isn't supposed to be about my preferences, but I'll answer briefly anyways. I don't intellectually disagree with a word of Ron Paul's foreign policy. However, the mistakes of our past leaders have fostered an environment where immediately applying it would be, imo, dangerous. I don't care to debate why a preemptive strike is good, because I'd have a losing hand. But if we're stuck with a horrible foreign policy one way or the other, I'd vote to nuke Iran because I am an [censored] and would rather kill a bunch of them than take a small chance they will kill some of us. I pay good money for my socialized defense scam; I'll at least claim some opinion of how to use it since, like I said, I am an unprincipled [censored]. Happy?