View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Re: People and things that infuriate you way LESS than they should

[ QUOTE ]

Burgers come. I open them up to look before walking back to the office with them. Two have mayo, one doesn't. I send those two back. Quite often, they come back funny -- one still with mayo, now there's no ketchup or lettuce and tomato, whatever.

Now I think I'm entitled to be annoyed and probably even show it at several points here. I rarely show it. I think I'm so used to counter clerks being completely zoned out that I don't expect good service in the first place. I've lowered my expectations so much that even minimal competence seems well above what I expect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha! This made me laugh. I feel your pain about the incompetent counter clerks. Where I work there's a Taco Bell that is the absolute worst of all fast food places. They get my order wrong EVERY time. I've grown accustomed to it. In fact, they seem to get everyone's order wrong. I've watched other customers come storming up to the counter to yell at them. I used to get kind of pissy about it myself but lately, for some reason, I've been taking it all in stride. Even when I have to park my car, get out, walk around to the front and come inside. I patiently wait in line to inform the fat lady that they have given me chicken soft tacos with absolutely nothing on them except for chicken (again). "Wha? You didn't want it like that, just chicken?" "Um no," I say politely. "No I really did not. I wanted the tomatoes and ranchero sauce too, please." (I'm very well behaved these days.) Course in my head I'm thinking Jesus Christ how hard can this be people! There are 9 year olds who could perform this task.

Another thing that I'm proud of... someone with a giant bike rack backed right into my car and put a huge dent in it. A cavernous dent. I remained unbelievably calm. I felt like we were in a comedy skit. Poor guy, he was really apologetic. I felt sorta bad for him. He looked like he could use a hug.