View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: I can’t stop playing poker

I used to play all the time during my first year at College. I have gone through those swings, playing at higher limits than what I was rolled for, and just being very emotional about it all. When Pokershare went down the first time, all the money in my bankroll was sent to me by check. Coincidentally, I needed to buy books for the next semester and was running low on cash. I used the poker money, had enough money to live on, and didn't redeposit for a year and a half. I just started playing again with money that I used from selling a WoW account (thats another fun obsession that had to stop when I had no extra money.) What I've found is that if you stop whatever addiction it is for an extended period of time (2 months or more), its very tough to get started again and you can be more mature about it, controlling when and how you play. Pay attention to real life, manage your priorities, and everything works better. Take 2 months off, especially since finals have to be coming up for you, and maybe even withdraw some of the money for your finacee and christmas. You can learn to respect it as a hobby, and not an obsession.