View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 12:45 AM

Default Re: Describe some of the most exciting at-bats you\'ve witnessed.

prohorn - I actually had hair at the time. I was only 23.
I've seen some friends of mine in the highlights (I didn't even know they were at the game at the time, we found out later we were at the same game). One of them is very clearly wearing a Miami hockey jersey (that is Miami of Ohio of course).
I didn't see myself in the highlights though. I didn't make it all the way down to the lowest section.

Homer - that PHI/SD DH took place only about a month or so following the CIN/STL one.
That night I was at a CIN/PIT DH that went until about 1:40am or so with similar rain difficulties.
I remember seeing the final score for the PHI/SD game 1 on the scoreboard in Cincy and then seeing where it said under game 2 "1:35" and I had no idea if that meant they were actually going to start game 2 at 1:35am or if it they were going to use a day-off the next day to start it at 1:35pm or something.

Well, I picked up 1210am out of Philly and sure enough they were playing game 2 beginning at 1:35am.
I drove around that night listening to this epic.
The sun was actually starting to rise over Philadelphia when the game ended.

Philly tied it in the 8th and the announcers were joking about extra=innings but also sounded like they wanted to kill themselves.

Harry Kalas or Andy Messer or whoever said at 3:00 or 3:30am or so that he thought there were actually more people in the ballpark in the MIDDLE of game 2 than there were at the beginning of game 2.

I think it was on a Saturday. Drunken Philadelphians getting out of the bars saw the lights at the stadium and made their way down there. You could hear them in the crowd-mics, they were going nuts.

We're getting pretty far off-topic here but whatever. It happens.

My own personal best was broadcasting a Vero Beach Dodgers vs. Tampa Yankees triple-header that went until 2:11am and featured a 3+ hour rain-delay in the middle of game 2. (game 1 was actually just the completion of a suspended game from a couple days before and only lasted a couple innings).