View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 02:47 AM

Default Re: Brag: I shot 3 deer in the last 2 weeks.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Getting a 9 pt is impressive, although deer hunting is not done for its difuculty or trophy hunting. its done more for family and friend bondig and a once a year get together. other game animals are for trophy hunting. if thousands of deer werent killed each year in Minnesota the number of traffic deaths would be much higher. With the mild winters they are too abundant and in the city i live in (pop. >90K) u can get an intown deer hunting license. this is not the politics forum

[/ QUOTE ]

i wasn't making a political statement about whether i feel it is moral or not to kill deer, i just think something done mainly "for family and friend bondig," isn't much to brag about; it sounds like it'd be comparable to making a brag post about hitting a double in softball game

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough but shooting three bucks >>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>hi tting three doubles>>>>>>>>> one double. Its a lot more strenous and a lot more disciplined than most people who never go hunting know. "bonding" better. Its more of a social bonding event getting the family together and i dont think thats bad IMO. Ask someone up here if they know someone who has hit one with a car. It would be 100%. Ship me some venison OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

Also, I have enough for a 2+2 MN venison roast. Our crew shot 8 total. 6 bucks and 2 does.