View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 05:33 AM

Default Re: Who will take action on NETeller\'s breach of contract?

Hello, all. It turns out that there have been people working actively for many months to take legal action against NETeller. Quite a few customers had account balances close to $100,000. They were obviously highly motivated to make certain that NETeller paid them. It looks like the threat of suit had a lot to do with NETeller moving forward as fast as it did (not to say that it was especially fast) in arranging for the return of customer monies. One might conclude that between them, NETeller and the U.S. government dragged things out about as long as they could have without a big lawsuit, and efforts to get prejudgment relief like an injunction, having been started.

People interested in possible legal action have been gathering at a Yahoo group with the name "SueNeteller." Catchy, isn't it? The moderator has to approve membership applications. I've applied, but haven't received a response yet.

There seems to be continued exploration of a possible suit to recover interest. There may be barriers to a class action, so suit might proceed as an ordinary action that just happens to have several thousand named plaintiffs. Apart from the question of interest, it is widely believed that NETeller turned over detailed records of all customer transactions to the U.S. government. This could give rise to claims for violations of the company's promises of customer privacy.

So I won't have more to say here about NETeller. If any of you are interested, I'd invite you to look into the Yahoo group, where I'm sure there will be a lot of information exchanged.

I trust you all have your money by now, and are ready to go on to bigger and better things.