View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Re: SHOULD I JUST LET THIS GO, stars 200plo8

[ QUOTE ]
this allows him to semi bluff any dangerous board since he would be sure i missed, since i would shove ANY a-k with free-roll options.

[/ QUOTE ]It wouldn't be a semi-bluff. It would either be betting with the real stuff or bluffing. But no matter.

You also have the same options. It does bring out how weak your hand is without re-draws. If you're always going to shove with "ANY a-k with free-roll options" - and if Nit reads you correctly - then you're in trouble because you're out of position. Position doesn't always matter but here it's nice to have position.

I don't think always raising is the best approach, although I'll grant always raising makes it tougher on your opponent. But that's how maniacs play!

It is tough to play against a maniac. But I think there is a more optimal way to play, assuming you are more skilled than your opponent.
[ QUOTE ]
what do i do if it repeats, or flushes, how am i to ever know what draw he is on,

[/ QUOTE ]I don't know. You're the one who said he was a nit. If he is, he has the Broadway, same as you, and possibly with re-draws.
[ QUOTE ]
hence why i generally like folding in these spots,,, makes my brain hurt thinking through all these options

[/ QUOTE ]I understand. I still don't just give up and raise or fold. I maintain this is a spot to simply call. Your "customers" are no more likely to get away if you just call than if you raise.

Buzz