View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 10:24 PM

Default Re: carddrunners sign up

[ QUOTE ]
Income generating workflow QA, ftw.

I don't see any reason why you would ever expose a site with bugs of this nature to the public. I wonder if they even did testing?

[/ QUOTE ]

The root problem is that completely rewriting software projects, including sites like this, top to bottom is a bad plan, but feels like it's a great sexy idea to people who don't know better. Lack of testing is obv. the nail in the coffin afterwards, sure, but just redoing an entire site head to toe is just bad. Joel Spolsky wrote a great, well-read piece about this years ago I'm too lazy to look up, it talked about a lot of the initial failure and ineffiency of the Mozilla project.

Having said that, it's not worth being too tough on CR. The remake was a disaster, but they make up for it in so many other ways, and they have been very good and communicative at least, and seem to try to be solving things. They are relatively new to this and I don't think they have a very good tech team behind them, but honestly, as long as the videos keep coming, who can really complain too much. If Gmail or a big msg board or something broke this badly it'd be news, but CR's main function is to provide videos and they're still doing that. As long as they don't do another site rebuild anytime soon without hiring someone experienced to oversee it, they're still tops in my book.