View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 11:19 PM

Default Re: back into 2 pair vs TAG

well we both agree c/f is out of the equation. so it leaves b/c, b/f, and c/c

the river hasnt really changed the strength of our hand because hes not going to be likely to overvalue Ax or AK given the broadways out. so betting for value seems good because we get calls from worse and save against hands we beat with a b/f line.

c/c is also ok too because we took such a passive line that if he has a really good hand he needs to get value from it so we get to showdown, with added info of seeing his hand if we are behind. also he may lead a worse hand thinking you are on a draw and the board is scary enough that even if you hit a pair while on a draw a triple barrel isnt horrible here so we may get him to bluff if we check call.

id have to really know that he ALWAYS has worse here to bet call. seems spewy but he may be a player who overvalues hands

so no as long as you can figure out the line you will take when you put urself in this spot then its ok. its ok if you play it well postflop, given ur line so far and the added fact that i dont feel our hand value has improved greatly, i lean towards c/c