View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 05:43 AM

Default Re: Help me choose a job out of undergrad

Operations work = Back-office, although it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, especially when you specifically stated you wanted to go into VC. The other two positions aren't relevant to that goal. You at least learn the operation and ins and outs of a private equity at this position.

BoA is a huge name but is often looked down among other WS firms from what I have heard (and confirmed with people in the industry). It seems like a decent program but this would be option #3 for me.

Accenture is a good firm, but according to couple of my friends who are working there at the moment (in LA offices), they and everyone else in the office hate their jobs. I forgot their reasonings but their hatred left quite an impression. Another friend did a summer internship with them over at Beijing and she said she thinks it's the worst job in the world (Now in BCG). However, if this is for short-term only, which i think it is for you, and would like to take a safer route than Bain Capital, by all means take it (if you get the offer). If i was in your shoes I'd take Bain Capital. Why? Well, say you want to do i-bank, would you rather work at a small boutique doing the major work or work at Goldman and tries to leverage that into something better? I don't know about you but I'd take GS any day.