View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Table/Seat Selection Examples to Grunch

This thread is intended to be read/done in conjuction with this thread I just wrote on table and seat selection Ozi style. Whether you do the examples before and/or after reading that other thread and how much effort you put into your replies is your call.

So, game on! Its your turn to do some work and practice table and seat selection. Thus this thread is for the purpose of providing some real life examples for you, the reader, to work through.

Grunching of each example is preferred. Provide as much information and discussion as you think necessary.Use any of the information provided in the example. You may reassess your grunch once you’ve read other responses and you may grunch before and/or after you read that table/seat selection post.

FWIW I haven’t deliberately included any hidden traps or tricks in the examples and some will be obvious, some will be standard and some may be unclear. You have different amount of content and information available to you (no datamining at stars) in the various examples. Such is life, deal with it. Also the font sizes of any text I typed should not be intended to mean anything other than I couldn’t be bothered working out how to change default fontsize using paint.

Now, The stats that you see on screen for each seat are
Column1……..….Column2
--------………….------------
VPIP ………..…..TotalAggression
PFR…………….….NumberOfHands
ColdCall%age….W2SD% (only for P-Stars shots)

Green = Fishy, Red = Danger? Orange = Inbetween

Example 1 – “Your turn to do some table and seat assessment”

In these these scenarios, use the any relevant information provided to
a. Judge the quality of the each table
b. Grade each seat or group of seats as to how good/bad/ugly you think the seat is
c. Also consider how good seats are between tables (eg the best seat at table X may not be as good as the best 3 seats at table Y).

The intent here is NOT to say “I choose Seat X to get best position on the obvious fish. mkythxbai” because in the real world you hardly ever get seat X so you need to consider which seats you would take if offered, which ones are borderline and which just aren’t worth it…the intent instead is to get you to think about whether or not each seat is worth sitting at both in isolation and in relation to other available tables

Example 1A:

EDIT: So I decided to go ahead and create separate posts for each example.

REPLIES TO THE FIRST POST SHOULD BE POSTED IN THIS THREAD..FOR THE OTHER THREADS, SEE BELOW
Here are the links

Example 1B - Assess the Tables/Seats

Example 2A - Select Thy Seats

Example 2B - Select Thy Seats

Goodluck

Ozi