View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 01:56 PM

Default Re: PLO SnG - Check my line please

[ QUOTE ]
I play it the same. I don't think CopperRiverRed's call is bad; TT76ds is pretty decent in all-in pre-flop equity simulations, it just sucks normally because it's too hard to play postflop. Also he has to figure that your pushing range here is very wide. As for him raising to get in his last 394 chips preflop, this only makes sense to me if there are really *no* flops he will fold on. On the flop you got, it makes sense for him to continue - he has an overpair plus a couple backdoors and is getting 12:1 or whatever. But I think he could have found a fold on a flop like JsQsKs and so his play makes sense to me.
I'm surprised you give ninelives such a narrow range here. Is he very tight? If I were in his shoes I would do this with a variety of hands, given that *your* range here should be large and CopperRiverRed's flat call doesn't signal any great strength (after all I might get him to fold).

[/ QUOTE ]

I had been short-stacked for a while and just folding off my chips. This would be the first time I had shown any aggression preflop without a hand that wasn't AA2x or AA3x suited the whole tourney.

Plus being UTG it just surprised me that he called so quickly with a hand like that. He really could not have had any time to analyze the situation. The cards were dealt, I shoved, he called. Personally I don't think I would have even played his hand for a limp with the rest of the table to act after me let alone a raise.

In this particular tourney the only time a lot of chips went in preflop were if somebody had an AA2x or AA3x hand. That's why I was so quick to put ninelives on AA2x. I couldn't see him reraising with out this hand.

Like I said, I hadn't been showing any strength preflop so I thought my original raise really should have given off the impression of strength more than desperation.