View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 02:09 AM

Default Live 1/2 NL TP + flush draw

Sup y'all, first night back playin some live NL in about 1 year. I learned that I was quite rusty and was hoping for some feedback seeing as I'm going to try to play a little more regularly now.

After ~2hrs of play I have a TAG image and have not shown a single hand. Table is loose preflop. Villain can be characterized as quite loose; good, but not great.

Hero: ~$300
Villain: covers Hero

Villain is UTG+1 and calls BB. 2 calls. Hero (A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) in LP raises to $12. Button calls. BB calls. Villain calls. MP calls.

Flop (~$60/5 players): Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Check to villain who bets $25. Folds to Hero who raises to $75. Folds back to Villain who calls.

Hero: ~$210
Villain: covers Hero

Turn (~$210/2 players): Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain pushes all-in. Hero: ???

Results: <font color="white">Hero calls. River is blank. Villain turns over J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for the win. </font>

My analysis: <font color="white">I was quite confident that villain did not flop a flush as I feel that he would have slow-played a flopped flush by checking the flop since the table had been slow-playing big hands all night. I thought him having a set was a possibility as well. I didn't think two pair was a high possibility. Definitely, didn't see the gut shot straight. I thought his most likely holding was a Queen for the top pair, with another [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Did I make a mistake by not raising the flop to something more like $100-$110 instead of just $75? If villain still calls a flop raise of $100-$110 (which he likely would have given the way he was playing) that makes the pot on the turn = $260-$270 and leaving me about $175 behind. What should then be my plan for a non-[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] turn?</font>

Comments appreciated.