View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 01:09 AM

Default Re: Stars treats me like I [censored] her daughter then pushed her hom

Meeting up w/ NIX mini-TR

Nix was in town today, apparently for sports only played in the frozen hinterlands. We met up for dinner at the Dinosaur BBQ, our local rib joint/biker bar/blues club here in Rochester. It was pretty packed, but I snagged a pint of Arrogant Bastard ale to bide the time while waiting for Nix to show up and to get a table. The pint was great -- Nix's ability to find the Dinosaur, not so. Ah well, he found it eventually. We chatted about sweet toys he's designing for Jack Bauer while we waited for our table.

We eventually got seated in the bar area. Nix wisely settled on a pint of the Rohrbach Scotch ale (unprompted by me, I might add). I got a bottle of the Victory Storm King imperial stout. For dinner, Nix got the LOLWTFBBQ chicken with Cajun corn and fries. Me, playing stakes 10x as high, opted for the pulled pork, ribs, and prime rib combo with mashed potatoes and gravy and the tomato and cucumber salad, which is both significantly more balla and more unexploitable than any number of organic chickens or peanut butter and banana sandwiches. The conversation moved from sports played only in the frozen hinterlands to those played only in the sunny sutherlands, to, of course, poker and a necessary meet up at the TStone. All in all, Nix is a pretty chill guy, in spite of his preference for metal over blues.