View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 Turn

1) What do you make of the villain's check? What are you asking yourself / thinking about in order to make the best decision?

I'm not sure what to make of the check. It could easily be a player backing down after "testing" you preflop. Even though the test was pretty weak. It could also be a play with a made hand letting you hang yourself by representing the "failed bluff". Opponent could easily be think he could get another bet here from you...either when you take another stab on the turn...or when you call his river bet after you showed weakness.

I think we know pretty much nothing, without a read. And because it's early, we probably don't have a read....no read has been discussed.

2) Any thoughts on a range of hands?

Still seems to be pretty big.

3) Do you check or bet? If you're betting, how much and what's your plan if he check-raises again? Do you have a plan for the river and if so, what is it?

I bet 600 here. Because his flop cr doesn't really narrow his hand range..and I'm ahead of most hands I bet to avoid the free card.

Why do I feel like we are getting c/red again?

If we do get c/r I'll push over top. I can't really see folding after we get a "safe" card. And since his raise could have alot of draws....I push to charge them because I'll be calling any river bet because I'd be tied to the pot if I just called the turn c-raise.

All in all I don't think there's alot of value in this spot, which is why I would have tried to avoid it by raising..but we know not many agree with that approach.