View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 08:18 AM

Default help me become a professional

whats up guys,

I want to get into sports betting as a supplement to poker income, only problem is, I am pretty much a complete newbie. I've dabble in sports betting here and there, but my picks are just educated guesses based on general understanding of the sports I bet on.

My knowledge base is just beginnner stuff like line reading,recoginzing traps and value spots, etc,etc. I see people here talking about watching/anticpating line movements, statistical analysis...just stuff way beyond my understanding.

Anyways, the reason for my post is that I want to really put effort into learning sports betting on a professional level. I am talking about the advanced stuff. I am willing to invest time/energy and a reasonable amount money.

So my question is: if you were to teach a beginner on how to sports bet on a professional level, what would be the 1st thing you would teach to this person? what kind of topics (in sequence from beginner to advanced level) would you teach him? What books would you have him read?

Like for instacne, if I were to teach a beginner how to play SNG's, I would go:

1. preflop hands requirements.
2. hand reading.
3. post flop betting
4. early level blind play
5. mid level blind play
6. late game/HU play
7. ICM/push-fold
8. advanced ICM/push-fold
9. advacned HU strategy
10. metagame strategy

Bacially, the reason I am asking this is...I have no problem in searching and digging through information to learn this stuff by myself. But the big problem I have is, I don't even know where to start and if the information I am reading is bad advice or good advice.

Your advice is much appreciated.

P.S. - are there any sports betting coaches here? if so, what are you guys charging? reviews?

- cheers!