View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 01:14 AM

Default Re: quick checkup - AK blind battle vs probable 2p2er

just to be clear, betting the flop in a spot like this was part of my preflop plan, so I'm asking about the preflop plan rather than the flop

the basic idea here is that calling his fourbet looks really scary and he should expect me to have a relatively big pocket pair that I'm going to jam on a safe flop, so on flops like this he has to just give up if he was on a bluff.

I forgot to mention this but he fourbet very quickly which I thought meant he didn't have a borderline type of hand like QQ or JJ, I figured either AA/KK or something he was getting frisky with (including AK I guess)

this leads to the next point which is that if he's on air and I flop a pair he might try to represent my hand because he doesn't think AK is in my range to flatcall here... so basically I'm hoping that I can get him to play his hand completely backwards (bluffing when I hit and giving up when I miss). And if he really has a big hand then I can get away on the flop for kind of cheap.

this is just something I've toyed around with a little bit against threebets since no one expects an Axx or Kxx flop to hit you when you've just called them... so you can get people to stack off light because it looks like you're just making a move

eh, I'm kinda rambling now