Thread: Mental Strength
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 09:17 AM

Default Re: Mental Strength

[ QUOTE ]
Get a job so its not so important to win.
Seriously, what are you going to put on resumes when you get out of college? You never worked?
Your avoiding it because you dont like to lose. If you dont play, you cant lose. Its too serious for you as a job.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see much point to your reply really whether i have a job or not its very important to win if you think becasue you have a job its not important to win than why are you playing poker.

Yes i agree i dont like to lose but thats not the reason i avoid playing its becasue i struggle mentally after a few beats and i stop playing becasue although i dont tilt i certaintly dont play my A game i play hands weakly get paranoid that im just not supposed to win in the session so when i get a hand play it too weakly sumtimes and lose alot of value on hands.

Also who said i never worked during college did i say that i thought i said for a few weeks over the summer i said id give it a shot to try play online. A few weeks is not all off college i have worked during college before and im sure i will again when i go back to college if things dont work out online.

Also if you cant play you cant lose if you read my post it says im a consistent winning player my games in good shape ok im always trying to improve on it i put the post up for some advice on the mental side of the game not to be lectured by sum1 who doesnt have a clue who i am.

Surely anyone who has tried to play online seriously has struggled mentally when you hit a real downswing all i asked was for advice on how to cope with it if anyone has any suggestions or advice i will be greatful.

Thanks...