View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 05:03 AM

Default Re: ***Official 2007 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread***

1. The Steeler Fury message boards are fantastic.

2. From what I read, Cowher always had a hand in the defense. It'll be interesting to see what Tomlin and Big Dick LeBeau come up with. There's no way Tomlin, who broke in as a d-backs coach, and LeBeau, one of the NFL's all-time leaders in interceptions, can't get our secondary to play their asses off. Tomlin's big strength is supposed to be his teaching. Plus, Troy's healthy.

3. Ben was [censored] up last year. That's all there was to it. I expect a huge year out of him, and a huge year out of Santonio.

4. The Steelers did have some bad luck last year. A couple of breaks, and they were a playoff team. Not a good one, but they could have made it. Baltimore won like five flukey games last year; McNair is a year older. The Bengals are awful. Plus, we get to play the third-place schedule.

5. Tomlin's the real deal. He's all business. There's no way they won't play hard for him. Plus, he's moving into a pretty sweet situation. Veteran team, established qb, a groomed holdover at OC (who I read is very tight with Ben), and a damn fine DC. All the team needed was some fresh blood at the top.

6. The only problem I see is the o-line. But this might not be a very big deal, since we may be seeing an entirely different offense this year. Plus, Ben looks in shape, and the guy is damn elusive and even harder to bring down. Plus, with Cowher gone, we might try running different running plays for Parker instead of THE SAME PLAYS WE RAN FOR JEROME BETTIS. That drove me crazy.

7. I forsee 12-4. 25-1 to win the Super Bowl. I have placed my wager.