View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Re: The Isiah Thomas civil trial

[ QUOTE ]

The plaintiff in this case is a neighbor of one of my best friends. His take when it all started is that there's no way she's making this stuff up; and of course this testimony is under oath.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me understand this part. A guy you know who lives near the plaintiff says her testimony is truthful. Is this silliest assertion ever. How well does anyone know their neighbors? How well do you know your friends judgement? Many people who live next to a murderer say, "wow, he was such a nice guy, I can't believe he did it". We all have relationships with people that we would classify as "nice people" who are screaming psychopaths underneath their layer of civility.

And it's interesting you didn't quote the reason she was fired.

[ QUOTE ]

Madison Square Garden, which owns the team, insists Browne Sanders' dismissal followed a series of marketing and budgeting failures and came after MSG Chairman James Dolan discovered she had tried to subvert an internal investigation of her harassment claims.

Dolan, also a defendant in the case, decided Browne Sanders "could not be counted on to do her job after that," MSG lawyer Ronald Green said.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the Dolans are morans, so I can't argue to give that much weight to their testimony. But in fairness they have the same amount of incentive to lie as she does.