View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 02:00 AM

Default Re: Mountaineer Trip Report- WV

I ended up winning a decent amount last night, and honestly it continues to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

The following hand goes down...

5/10nl, utg limps for 10. Two fold and I raise to $40 with the 89d. Behind me 3 people call lol. Anyway gets back to utg who is approximately 60 or so who raises to $80 (lolAAaments).. it gets better. I now know he has aces and call, the other 3 guys FOLD (I kid you not). So, flop comes out 893r. UTG bets $100 at me and I just push in for $1350 (solid overbet I know but I know he's not folding). So he instacalls and jumps out of his seat to do a touchdown dance before flipping over the aces.

My two pair hold and I collected the big pot. For the next 6 hours the entire table continued to remind me of how lucky I was every time I won a pot.

I am a self confessed terrible nlh player, as I play almost exclusively limit. Luckily, there is no risk in this room for anyone that understands any sort of poker theory. The nl players for the most part might as well play with their cards face up, and are generally terrified to play big pots. I've been meaning to learn nl cash for almost two years. This sure seems to be the place to do that.