View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 01:00 AM

Default Re: I know I\'m beat... I call?!?

this thread shouldnt have died so fast.

While I thought the hand with bond v.s. scotty was a fold on the end, tons of players better than me all said they would have called. I couldnt see how scotty could minraise there giving such good odds on a bluff or extremely thin value bet. That night I saw a similar hand from this years wsop where scotty (with K high) check raises Kirk whatever his name is on an A hi board, Kirk bet 5k on the end with AT (1 pair) and scotty check raised to 25k... this is one of those spots where you would typically think there is no way that my one pair is good but the difference was the size of the checkraise and it looked a bit bluffier than the hand v.s. bond and is very different in that regard.

One of my major leaks is that I can be a huge station, sometimes I just NEED to see it. And when youre a huge station sometimes you make some sick calls and get rewarded, but most of the time you look like an idiot and regret it. Its those rare times that we are right and obv looked into their soul that keep us coming back for more, even when we 'know' we're beat theres always that tiny chance.

Anyway, I really just wanted to keep this thread going and see some more discussion. /ramble