View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Re: 300/600 action on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
Considering how few hands you've played high-stakes HU, what made you think, "Well, time to multi-table 3/6 vs. sbrugby and Ivey!"

[/ QUOTE ]

My mentality has always been, if I'm gonna play the high stakes I will play almost anyone, and it has worked out in the past. I didn't play Ivey HU, but I'd have rather played him than Aba. Most of my tables were HU vs jinsokkp, who I think I still ended up on, and who I've beaten very badly in the past at 100-200- although he is a very tough player. Anyway I only played Aba 2 tables, and I've beaten him in all previous sessions.

I'm also of the opinion that Aba has a pretty startling preflop tendency (I'm not gonna say leak, cuz its Aba)- he open folds the button SO MUCH. He must be incredibly skilled postflop to get away with that, but I can't conceive of folding the button as much as he does regularly at high stakes HU. I don't know of a single other winning HSNL HU player who plays under 70% of their hands on the button, let alone 2/3.

Like I said, I don't plan on playing these stakes again for a long time, if ever. I'm not pretending to be some veteran HSNL HU player, but I've made a ton of money at 50-100+ 6-max and HU and I think I have a very good understanding of the theoretical aspect of poker- which comes back to the original question of why I would just decide to multi-table very tough players HU. I do a lot of research on my opponents and their tendencies. I'm a 19 year old kid with an ego and money to spare. In the past I've always been willing to take a shot with a small portion of my roll to improve my game and test myself out at higher limits vs. better players, and that's how I've built my bankroll and become a good player. A $450k swing in 15 minutes is a little much to handle though, lol. Props to those with the bankrolls and balls to not sweat that kind of thing.

-Jeff

El d,

I'm interested in that kind of thing, I will check it out thx