View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Re: YANS (Yet another SAGE question) NLTRN

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think there is every a reason to justify tightening up sb shoves

[/ QUOTE ]
That I absolutely agree with. As I mentioned, I don't have any problem shoving wide, *especially* against somebody who appears to be playing too tight.

I just seem to run into all sorts of people who fold their button a lot when they're shortstacked, especially if they see me pushing my chips around when I'm first to act.

Against that sort of player I tend to fold a fair number of hands that SAGE would tell me to call with, especially weaker queens, jacks, and tens, and sometimes even weaker kings, like K2o or K3o.

I guess what I'm really wondering is if I'm making a huge mistake by doing that, in situations where it really seems like they are (incorrectly) waiting for a decent hand to put their chips on.

When I'm the one on the shortstack, I don't make those same adjustments, because I know I need to double up, but I just hate to double somebody up and put them right back in the game when I've got them down to almost nothing, in situations where I have enough of a lead that I feel I can afford to be a little bit more patient.

Huge leak or sensible play?