View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Not sobern and at home, ooops!

33cl = 12 oz? And, "day" = 24 hours, or the time you woke up to the time you went to sleep?

Grandest confirmable total consumption for me is 100 light (ale, not Miller Lite) beers in about 7 hours, topped off by a pitcher of Guiness. I don't really count that, however, as though all of it made it to my stomach not all of it stayed there/made it past my stomach. That was the Day of 1,000 Beers in college.

I also had a number of Blow Pong competitions where I probably consumed > 40 cups of beer, but again a statistically significant portion of it found a new home after I enjoyed it, and the volume of a "cup" isn't necessarily consistent.

At the Tequila 500 (in honor of the Indy 500, we set up a track with 4 shots on it in the basement of my club...competitors had to scoot around the track with your stomach on a skateboard and take the shot without either using your hands or removing your stomach from the board), I made it through 3 rounds, losing in the semi-finals when I was disqualified for rolling off my board before I made it across the finish line. I retained all of that, along with a few beers to cleanse the palate while waiting for my next heat...the event took ~5 hours, I guess.

Then there were countless football/baseball/lacrosse/basketball game-day-Saturdays where we'd start with beers at breakfast, and spend the rest of the day drinking, plus the lacrosse tournaments, bachelor parties, Super Bowl weekends in Vegas/Laughlin, all those are easily worth > 20 beers but impossible to actually account for.

I'm a one-man alcohol industry PAC.