Thread: Luckyjimm busto
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Luckyjimm busto

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i suppose the average wage in london is significantly higher then the rest of the uk to cover your insane cost of living..if your make your money off poker entirley then it seems like you would be a mug to live there. plenty other much nicer european cities to live in at a fraction of the cost.

[/ QUOTE ]

The average salary in London is probably around £30k pre tax. Lets say you earn £22k after tax. You pay £130 / week on rent and bills, which comes to £6760. You spend £250-300 per week on all other expenses which comes to £13,000 to £15,600. You are actually never saving any money. If you choose to work and live in London, it is ideal that you find a job that has potential to make you high 5 figures or 6 figures in the future especially if you intend to get married and have a family.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im pretty sure in london youll be paying more than £560 on rent and bills in london a month. try more around 800 at least. factor in to that council tax and its pretty much gonna be a grand a month. now i dont live there my self, so again apologies if im wrong, but if you factor that into your equation your looking at ~£12k on rent and bills and max £15.6k your looking at 30k a year just to get by. i agree with you the only way to comfortable live there would be earnign high 5's - 6 figure somes. so unless you are a sufficiently rolled pro already, or have alternative sources of income, i'd advise finding somewhere else to live.

Try glasgow! its great/has everything london has! its raining at the moment though. . . . but it does that in london too. maybe i should get a job part time for the tourist board.

p.s jimm, if you get staked i've got a great game with a seat waiting for you and somebody elses moneies.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, i realise i prob got my figures wrong. The point I was trying to make is you need high 5 figures and 6 figures to actually be saving money. Was kind of basing it on what I pay. I'm lucky enough to pay £110/week in a really nice area in a nice place. Mates rates always help. I think I pay £150-£200 less per week than I should be paying.