Thread: mass effect
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 06:16 PM

Default Re: mass effect

I'm also playing as an infiltrator and loving it. The sniper rifle is just so much fun and really useful. Something neat that took me a little while to find out is that when you have the sniper equipped and are in combat mode hugging a wall, when you pop out from behind the wall - there's no 'floating' of your scope. It's smooth and ready to shoot. Makes it easy and fun to use the sniper even in mid/semi-close combat.

Also, when guys rush in - if you shoot at point blank range, you do a mellee which often knocks them down. And like RiverFenix said, the singularity/left/etc also do a great job of getting them away from you as well.

The only thing that has me down in this game is that the items seem to scale to your level and are very generic (at least from what I've seen). It's not like you can go on some super hard side quest and pick up a cool unique item. You'll just Scorpion Armor version 5, 6 or whatever depending on your level. Will have to play more to see if this stays true, but so far there's very little creativity in the type of items/rewards you can get.