Thread: Macau 15k Hand
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Macau 15k Hand

I think the problem with shoving this river is that you are turning a hand with a lot of value into a total bluff. It is true that the villain said he would have had to call a bet on the river in the previous hand but there is NO indication that he would stack off a 150bb stack with a hand that you beat. There is a big difference between calling a bet and calling an All-In for what basically amounts to his entire stack. I think in a lot of cases you are still good here and think that betting for value would be much more profitable in the long run. I do not like putting your tourney life on the line in this situation. There is a big difference between a 40BB stack that most of us are used to online and the 150bb stack that you are playing. In the end, Joe Hachem's comment may not be as bad as people are making it out to be. What hand that was in his range does Bond beat? Which of these are calling? Very few. Which hands that beat Bond are folding? How about calling? I would say more are going to call than are going to fold.