View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 06:50 PM

Default NL25 KK prefl. shove

Ok, I have position and I simply move in w/ KK. There is limping and one raise before me. Original raiser might play decent (not a long history though). I would like to discuss my line.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (7 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($9.45)
Hero ($29.95)
SB ($31)
BB ($40)
UTG ($5)
MP1 ($24.40)
MP2 ($26.35)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $29.95</font>,

Now there´s certainly more than one option here. You don´t see this play very often, so I´d like to hear what you think about it.

This is what I thought:
--&gt; any other reraise size should be big enough to provide against setminers, that is, it´s big enough to fold out most JJ-/TT- hands, plus
--&gt; If he has AA, he´d be coming over the top, and I have to call because the remote posibility of AK in his hand makes this correct, the game being only slightly deeper than 100BB
--&gt; as he´s gonna get me all in with AA anyway, I´d like to focus on gettin the most out of AK and QQ.
--&gt; I´ve been experimenting with shoving w/ AK for a while, and it´s completly amazing what kind of calls you see. Specificaly AK seems to call a lot.
--&gt; and specificaly AK might be hard to melk postflop, as the very last King would have to flop for that.
--&gt; I´m not sure how much value I am loosing against QQ. I´m not shoving here against a bad player, who´s gonna get stacked w/ QQ overpair. But here, the villain probably is a multitabling abc regular who doesn´t necesarrily get stacked if his Queens see a nice flop. And... doesn´t my play like I am getting crazy w/ AK rather than KK?

Is my reasoning way off?

Thank you.