View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: HU rake considerations in split pot games

I probably messed up my initial post. I should have said that you know that your opponent can't make a better low hand than yourself, and you're certain that he has a high hand that you can't beat.

I just said that he had aces as an example. Is it likely that there will be any fold equity against a player with aces here, or should I just check it down to avoid more rake? I wasn't really that interested about sixth street. I was thinking mostly about betting on seventh street to try to bluff your opponent out of half the pot. When is it worth a try, and when should you check it down? Position might be a factor, but I wouldn't think it matters that much if it's obvious to your opponent that you have made a low hand.

If it's easier to discuss an example you can take these two hands:

HERO: [A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [random card]

Villian: [x x] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [x]

Let's assume that pot size before river betting is 8 big bets. The rake isn't capped before there are 10 big bets in the pot