View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 06:14 PM

Default Apple TV versus Logitech/Slim Devices Squeezebox?

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">My interest in a PC/Home Theater combo mostly has to do with music; I doubt I'd ever be playing/storing video off the PC. I love the iTunes interface and want it in my living room but with top notch sound</font>

have you looked at the apple tv? it sounds like a slam dunk for your interests.

[/ QUOTE ]

Update:

Looked at the Apple TV and it may appear on my Christmas wish list but I still hope to do more research.

Meanwhile I moved my old Sony tray type 5 CD player in my living room to the bedroom stereo (my even older one tray CD player broke and I needed one button repeat for my all night nature sound CD [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) so for now I'm using the DVD player to play my CDs in the living room (along with using the iNano to play special playlists). From the looks of it I'll probably never get a dedicated CD player again for the main A/V center in the living room, eventually relying on something like the Apple TV above.

Meanwhile the AVS forums has an active thread called Lossless music on hard drive vs. CD which has some discussion of the Logitech/Slim Devices Sqeezebox which seems sort of similar to the Apple TV with more of a focus on music.

Does anyone here have experience with this device (or the more expensive transporter?

~ Rick