View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 03:52 AM

Default Re: FTP 5/10 OOP River Decision

I don't like check/calling b/c I don't see many hands that get to the river that either: (a) need to bluff to win (a few gutshots are the only possibilities) (b) valuebet a worse hand (Kx checks behind IMO).

So, I think it's b/w check/folding and bet/folding. I def think there's value to betting, so I would bet/fold.

Here's a weird idea:
Depending on what level he thinks on, I think an overbet value shove might be good. It looks like exactly what you have: an ace trying to avoid a chop. But if he thinks deeper, he would realize that an ace really isn't in his perceived range and he hasn't represented any strength yet, so there would be no reason for you to try and push him off a chop (or shove a boat when his most likely hand is a King). Then, he would hopefully call with Kx. Idk, just a thought. Depends on how often he slowplays. If he slowplays alot, the shove is no good. I'll discount the likelihood of AA, KK, and AK in his range b/c most 26/21s 3-bet these religiously (Does this player 3-bet often?). It is a dry board so he could def slowplay: 55 is unlikely b/c of quads, 99 and A9 are possible.