View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 11:19 AM

Default Re: a hand vs PA, 200/400 HU

Uhm tough situation.
I like the flop play, don't think 3betting there is good without a specific background this deep.
Raising the turn in this scenario could generate an ugly situation, I mean for 100bb this is an easy turn shove but with the given stacksizes we won't get action from worse hands all that often and it's hard to fold against a shove with all the money invested.
If PA's range is really that loose on the turn then raising will get him to fold lots of hands and we deny him to bluff the river again.
On the other hand calling the turn has it's downsides as well, there are lots of cards we don't want to see: 4s (3), Ts (3), 6s (2), any club (8) for a total of 16 cards in the deck that would generate trouble.
He cannot benefit from all these cards so we should considern on the turn how we want to proceed on the river if PA bets almost all of these cards.

Krantz you said he defends his BB a lot pf but doesn't 3bet that much so does that mean he would mix it up with hands like JJ+ some of the time? Is 77 a call for him most of the time ?
I am trying to generate a handrange that is reasonable for the given scenario.
I think it's fair to assume the turn doesn't change anything
so there are 66644 and 44466 + higher flushs to worry about.
I assume he would play all of these hands the same way and we cannot read anything into the bet amounts and his line but I think it's fair to assume he doesn't have a worse flush in this spot..
Any assumptions how he would play with 77+ and air in that spot ?
We're getting 2,1:1 / need ~32,5% equity so it's very tempting to call if he really has such a wide range in those spots.
From his perspective Would you play TT, 6x, 4X and a flush the same way and could you fold 77+ / flush in this spot often enough ?
To make it short, is his loose range loose enough to bluff here 1/3 of the time or more ?
If he thinks you fold out small flushs and pairs 77+ this should be a call even tho it's very thin.

Obviously raising is another option but I cannot estimate how many better hands he would fold on the river and how he perceives you and your lines, so I cannot comment on that.

PS: just saw Krantz second post and I tend more to calling, if he thinks we don't have the flush all to often because he
cannot expect us to call 77+ all that often and he doesn't need to be correct all too often with this read to follow the river with a bluff.
The way you explained the hand it's very hard to argue for a fold, hope this is an objective description of the scenario, otherwise this is getting nowhere.