View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Professional No-Limit Hold \'em study group

[ QUOTE ]
Matt, Sunny & Ed -

I've just finished reading the book and I loved it. It was a great kick-start after taking 2 months off from poker. In my estimation your book was as substantial a contribution to the NL community as SSNL was to the limit community, and that's saying quite a lot. I'd recommend your book to anyone learning NL.

I like the idea of a study group, and I'd like to contribute & participate. I'm afraid that the study group would be severely hamstrung -- even actively sabotaged -- in many forums here b/c much of your advice differs from 2p2 standards. This is usually met with violence. Case in point, just look at all the criticism you are receiving from people who haven't even read the book. They read an excerpt somewhere, drew some conclusions, and the haterade started flowing.

I agree with you however that the uNL forum would make a better home, as it is less gratuitously combative. If the study group happens in uNL, I'll try to participate.

Grats on the book.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hes alive!

I also agree, and I will say that whilst vigorous debate will be encouraged, I am stating now that I will both monitor and participate in the study group and will hand otut bans for flaming.